When I was a teenager I spent my summer days at the Boulder City Swimming pool. I was a lifeguard, swimming lessons instructor and a swim team coach. Swimming and golden tans were, by far, my favorite summer past times. I expected that my children would take after my love for the water. Not that they do not LOVE to swim but they just dont show an interest in swimming lessons, swim team or even casual public pool swimming. I insist that they take one session of swim lessons each summer. They really do not enjoy it. Swimming is hard for them. They would rather play in the water rather than swim. I keep encouraging Tyler to take the lifeguard training. Again, not interested. So sad;(
| Luke trying to swim the Butterfly. Lets give him credit here. He is trying. |
| Yes, he can dive! |
I fully expected him to chicken out. Only because his teacher would not be catching him. He needed to jump and swim all by himself. Once he got on the board he walked straight out and jumped. He did not hesitate one second. He did not even stop and the end. He just jumped! I almost missed the photo op. Way to go, Nate!
Austin completed the Lifesaving and swimming merit badges. I was NOT allowed to call his time at the pool "Swimming Lessons." He felt as if he was too old for swimming lessons. I am still holding out hope for Austin as a swimmer. He has the perfect swimmers body. His strokes are PERFECT. I tell him every day that he needs to join the swim team. I am hoping that when he watches the summer Olympics he will catch the competitive swimming bug.
3 comments:
Tell Tyler that the best way to meet girls and have them hang all over him is to be a life guard. Duh I can't believe his old auntie has to give him this advise..Tyler get your lifeguard certificate NOW
Ha, so I was going to comment the same thing! All the girls dig lifegaurds, :) But like he needs to be a lifegaurd for that, haha
I am so impressed you are still blogging! You inspire me to start blogging again. . .next year! :)
Post a Comment