CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 18, 2012

Pine Valley, I did it again...

I volunteered, again, to go camping.  This time I wanted to make sure we went someplace that was cool and mountainous.  So, without going too far, Pine Valley was the place.  
Our camp out was on a Monday.  Mondays mean "Make something Monday"  therefore we made these cool little marshmallow shooters.  I found the idea on pinterest.  What did we do before pintrest?   

The boys got really good at shooting the marshmallow far.  I was sure the bears would be visiting our camp, that night, because of all the sweet treats around the campsite.
 Shelby has become our camp dog.  She seriously loves it.  I wish we had more space for our big lab, Jersey.  She too loves to be out and about in the wilderness.
I loaded up the trailer with a ton of new games.  The boys had to try each and every game out.  


Luke, Nate, and Austin like to pitch a tent when we camp.  I dont really like it so much.  I worry about  them getting taken by a bear or some crazy thing happening.  Seriously every horrible scenario ran through my mind while I was trying to fall asleep. 

This is why the boys think I "cramp their style" when I decided to join them .  I make sure they brush their teeth and wash their hands and face.

Shhhh....I have to be honest here.  I honestly do not mind camping.  

4 comments:

Abbie said...

WHAT?!? You don't mind camping? Let's be honest, I don't mind the actual camping part either. It's the getting ready and cleaning up I really dislike. Looks fun!

Unknown said...

Which site did you go to? I've always wanted to camp in Pine Valley, but don't know where to go. We only have tents.

Rachelle said...

Kristi, we can't remember the name but it started with cra...something. Just go into the park and follow the signs that say campgrounds. It's before the lake. The sites are perfect for tents. I loved it up there. I think it is the best place to camp that is close to home. Cool in the nights and warmish in the day.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I will have to give it a try. We ALWAYS go to to Oak Grove, over by Leeds. We really like it there, but feel like we need to try new places. And Pine Valley is closer to my house!