CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fun Friday (on a Saturday)

Tyler has been at "Especially for Youth" at BYU for this past week.  EFY is a week long camp for youth 14-18.  He got to live like a college student.  He attended motivational classes, religious classes, and most importantly social activities.  He enjoyed his time there except for the two days he was sick.  He called me one night at asked me what kind of medicine he should take for a headache and stomach cramps.  Oh my.  Whats a mom to do?  I felt so helpless.  Quickly I gave him directions on what to take, to rest as much as he could, and to ask for a blessing.  The bug lasted about 36 hours. 

Steve's sister picked him up in Provo and brought him to Cedar City.  We met them in Cedar and spend the whole day there.  I miss that town.  I would move back there in a heartbeat. 

The rest of the post will be picture overload.  I got a new lens (finally) and took way to many pictures.  We started our Fun Friday activity (on Saturday) at the Discovery Park.  This place was awesome!!!    It is set up like a little town.  The boys played for an hour solid.  Running around, playing tag, and sardines in a can.  At first they thought they were to old to play at a park.  I assured them that this was not just any ole park.  The brought their sports equipment because they were sure that they would not have enough to do.  The balls and bats were left by the wayside.  It is the best play area/outdoor park I have ever been to.








 When the boys grew hungry and thirsty we decided to go to lunch.  We ordered pizza and headed to a little park at the base of Cedar Canyon.  I had fun reminiscing while were were there.  Steve and I went on our first date, as a couple, to that park.  I told the kids the story and Luke piped up and asked, "Did you make out in bushes?"  Well actually Luke, we did kiss by the river;)

We headed up to Cedar Breaks. I have never been to the actual look out.  Mainly because it is a fee area and Steve is too cheep to pay for us to just look into a canyon.  Lucky for me today was a no fee day!  The only word I can say to describe it is Spectacular! 


 On our way up the canyon I noticed that there were many dead trees.  It was actually really sad.  Steve thinks that they are dead because of beetles.  I think it is horrible that a group of people can not come in and clear it off and then replant.  

Looks awesome, huh? We think it was probably struck by lightening.


Austin looking like Linus from the snoopy characters.


Another fun day filled with love, laughter, and making memories.  I am consciously aware that these days are  few and far between. This summer is going to be all about making fun, exciting, and memorable memories.

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

I need to go to that park - Ive heard such good things about it!

Abbie said...

Ok, so first of all, you cannot move to Cedar, it's just unacceptable! We stopped at that park once too, the kids loved it, so fun! Whew, I'm so glad it was a free fee day so you could enjoy the view. It really is amazing. PS...no more kissing by the river, haha