CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Enterprise Reservoir

We have officially started summer!  Yea!  I spent 4 wonderful days in Las Vegas.  All by myself.  Seriously it was wonderful.  While I was gone Steve and the boys spent those days visiting with his brother Mike and Mike's family.  The boys LOVE spending time with their cousins.  Tyler enjoys hanging out with Brenton and Kandace.  Austin and Luke fight oven Dean's attention. Nate's favorites are Jeffery and Jackson.  He loves that he is the oldest of these cousins and he finally gets to boss someone around.

When I got back from Vegas the family decided to spend a day in the hills riding four wheelers.  We all decided that going to Enterprise was the best choice because it was cooler and there were places to ride without getting lost.
One of the highlights of the day was watching this snake.  Who knew a snake could be so entertaining.
Did you notice almost everyone in the picture has their hands on their hips?
Mike was making fun of Steve the whole time because Steve always has his "protection" with him.  Just as a little brother might do he tucked in his shirt and showed off his "protection" for the whole day.

Paul holding Miles and Jackson right behind him. Back row-Tyler, Whitney, Friend, Ashlyn, Jeff (standing) Kelby, Austin, Nate
Bottom row- Cody, Grandma, Grandpa, Mike, Brenton, Steve
I thought it would be fun to camp.  Yes, you read that right.  I thought.  I planned.  I went.
Everyone else decided to go home so it was just our little family camping.  I loved that.  

Steve and the boys went for a little hike.  I wanted to stay back to rest and relax.  Steve got me all hooked up with safety equipment.  He loaded my gun and gave me directions to point and shot.  Most of all he left our guard dog to scare off and unwanted visitors.

What else would a girl need.  A guard dog, a purple revolver, and an IPad


We ended up going home a day early.  Not because of me.  I prepared to stay two days.  Steve thought it was to windy.  So we headed home.  I hate to admit this but I actually had fun.  It was nice to be away from cell phones and pagers.  I loved to watch the boys while they were "in their element."  They love the freedom to hike around, get dirty, and shoot BB guns at lizards.  The trip was such a success that when I got home I had the urge to clean and organize the camp trailer.  I even bought my own purple sleeping bag.  I am ready to go again.  We are thinking about going to Lehman Caves in Nevada and Jacobs Lake by the Grand Canyon.  Where are your favorite camping spots?

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Its far but the Redwoods in my all time favorite. We really want to head to Mount Rushmore too.

Abbie said...

Everyone except Steve has their hands on their hips, he's ready to take that snake out if necessary! Ok, leave it to Steve to make sure you are packing heat for protection, cracks me up!
We wanna go to Lehmans Caves sometime. I used to go all the time when I was little (while out picking pine nuts) but we've never been as a fam. Look at you, Miss Camper! Impressive!!! It really is fun once you get there and get all set up. It's just the prep that bums me out!