CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Austin turns 12

I sometimes can not believe this boy is 12.  I still refer to him as one of the "little boys".  I suppose that should probably stop. Austin is such a smart and creative boy.  See the bracelet he has on?  He taught himself how to make these paracord bracelets by watching you tube videos.  Then he proceeded to sell the bracelets for about $5 a piece. He even had a few "employees" to sell for him.  At Christmas time he made close to 300 dollars.  He used to be the peace keeper in our family but now is over the top full of hormones that he can not seem to understand or get a hold of.  One minute he is happy and laughing but the next he is crying and throwing punches.  Austin is a wiz at school.  I never have to remind him to study or do homework because he is naturally responsible for his schooling.  A few Sunday's ago He was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood.  Our Bishop first had to interview him to see if he was ready and worthy to accept this responsibility.  Austin is a naturally quiet kid and does not really express his emotions verbally, therefore, his interview was short and sweet.  Bishop commented that is was the shortest interview he had ever had.

I love you Austin.  Thank you for being a caring, responsible, and typically good natured boy.  You are turning into a young man and I am not quite ready for that.  But, I will try to remember that you are not a little boy anymore.  Unfortunately for you, you will ALWAYS be my little boy.  I love watching you grow up but I still picture you as my easy going 8 lb 15 oz baby boy.

No comments: