CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Uh mm, I don't think these are for me....

A few weeks ago my mom asked, jokingly,  Luke if he wanted "Girl Legos" for his birthday.  Luke has always enjoyed getting a rise out of people by telling them that his favorite color is pink.  So it seemed reasonable that he might enjoy a few pink and purple legos to add to his collection.  We all know that Luke has a super sense of humor and could totally handle a practical joke on his 10th birthday.  What ensued was sooo hilarious  that I wish I would have caught the whole event on video.  Seriously, it was the FUNNIEST think I have ever seen.

As Luke began to open his present he quietly said. "I dont think these are for me."  Everyone began to giggle and told him that yes, indeed, it was a present for him and he needed to finish opening the present.

As he opened the package all the way we could not contain our laughter.  Not only were the legos pink and purple but they were a package of a "pet shop beauty parlor" 

 At this point, Luke was becoming aware that he joke was on him but he wasnt quite sure what was actually going on.  He then asked, "Who gave these to me?"  We reminded him to open the card and read it to all of us.  As he read the card he realized that the legos came from Grandma VerDon and this is the look that he gave her....
Seriously, Grandma?!?1
Luke was lucky enough to celebrate his birthday with these two beauties.  Melinda was gracious enough to let us join her twins first birthday celebration.  Remember when Luke thought the pink lego package was not for him?  Well. probably because he thought the legos were for the twins.
Scarlett 

Emma



3 comments:

Addie Joyce said...

So PERFECT!! muah ha ha ha!! I love it!

Peg said...

I still laugh when I think of Luke opening that present...His expression that he gave his grandma was priceless...I love him..

lynne said...

that was a fun day and thank you for letting us share lukes birthday....it was fun to actually celebrate one of the boys days.....yea and the lego thing was a real memory maker......i love you guys!!!!!