Friday, February 10, 2012.
The day Burkeley officially became a member of the United States Marine Corps.
As we arrived on the MCRD grounds this was the first thing we saw. I literally had chills. Those rows and rows of khaki and camouflage bags symbolized the fact that Burke was finished with Boot Camp and would be coming home. (At least for a few days. Granted, we probably wont see much of him but knowing he is home is ultra comforting.)
 |
| Honor, Courage, and Commitment. The United States Flag has always brought me a sense of pride and loyalty. I remember when I was in High School and I was singing the National Anthem at a Basketball game. It was at the beginning of the First Iraqi war. I felt connected, somehow, to something greater than me. At Burkeley's Graduation I felt that same sense of connection. Now, we are all connected in a deeper way. We are apart of a family. We are a Marine Family. Not only do I feel connected to the Marines but I feel more connected to Burkeley. |
 |
| I have no idea who this Marine is. He was sitting at the bottom of the stadium, just a few rows in front of us. I think I captured moment of time that will be instilled in my heart forever. |
 |
| Perfection |
 |
| Can you spot Private Christian? |
 |
| He sure does love his boy. He will always be proud of Burkeley. I'm confident that at this moment he is in awe of the man he is growing up to be. |
 |
Shari and Burke
I seriously loved watching these two. They both were so enamored with each other. Cute!!! |
It really is AMAZING. The little boy that I first met 17 years ago has grown up. He has grown up to be a MARINE.
3 comments:
So touching.
what a great post rachelle. I had to get a little chocked up. I wish patriotism was what it used to be a generation ago. seems the flag is not as respected now as it once was. i love the flag my country and that little christian boy that has grown to be a great Marine. btw hes got a cute little friend there two.
WOW! These are GREAT pictures! I'm sure it was an experience none of you will soon forget.
Post a Comment