CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tyler Turns 12


Tyler turned 12 on Friday Aug 1st I cant believe it! It seems like the last 12 years have gone by so fast. I think back to the days before Tyler was born and some of it seems like just yesterday. I remember how HOT it was in Cedar City and I would sit in a COLD bathtub just to cool down. I would also get up about 3 am in morning and have a bowl of cereal and then go back to bed. Until the morning of Aug 1st I was getting up from eating my said bowl of cereal and my water broke. I was two weeks early and I was not sure what to do. I called my mom and she calmly said to shower and go to the hospital. He was 9 lbs when he was born and he had the biggest head! The past 12 yrs have been full of so much--joy, yes, but a ton of trial and error on our part. To bad that the oldest child gets the rough end of the stick. Good thing he is such a great kid! I have people telling me all the time how great of a kid he is and how polite and generous he is. I am very proud of him and I know that I couldnt be a mother of all these boys if it wasnt for him. He is the helper and is very in touch with peoples emotions. He knows when to help and when to stay away for a while. He was ordained a Deacon today. All of a sudden I looked at him as a young man! I just thought of a funny story about him. He went with me to get the ultrasound when we were pregnant with Luke. He knew and so did everyone else the we were wishing for a girl (I was, not Steve). After the Dr announced we were having another boy, I got kinda teary and Tyler looked at me and said, "Mom, you get what you get and you dont throw a fit." Enough said!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We surely love all our boys MOM

Anonymous said...

I cant believehe is that old they grow up so fast. scary thing is weston is right behind him. Lori

Becky Seymour said...

That is the most hilarious story ever! You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. He is a good boy, you should be proud!