CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain Gutter Regatta



Austin participated in his first Scouting Event. In true Austin style he was very nervous and I was so afraid that he might cry or not want to participated. But I was so proud of him! He lost his first race and didnt even get upset. He wasnt sure about doing it again but when his name was called he jumped right in and did it again. He won is next two races. The only problem was that when he was making his boat we could not find the sander so tyler helped him carve it. The boat looked cool and was very fast but little did we know that the rules specifically say that we could not use a knife to shape the boat:(

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Joshua's first rain gutter regatta was surprisingly cool- I had no idea you could buy kits and so josh made his boat out of tinfoil & I was too busy to help him so he was on his own- all the boys teased him that night and then he ended up winning every race!!
I am just about settled into summer and ready to get my digiscrapbooking started ( now that there are only three weeks left!!!) I'll give you a call!