CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A few parting photos from the Inauguration Weekend

MLK  This monument was my favorite monument.  Mainly because it is proof of how far our young country has come. We still have a long way to go in the areas of Civil Rights and Human Rights.  I believe in our democracy.  

From the flight.  Outside temp NEGATIVE 81 degrees. Crazy!

At the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.

I wanted to visit with my cousin Thomas and his wife Chantelle. Although we were not able to get together I did think of Thomas as we walked past his workplace.  I think it is amazing that the both work in D.C.  I want to be them for a little while.

Stephanie took this photo of me on the last night in DC. We were on the Metro for the very last ride to her moms. I couldnt stop smiling.  I had just witness history.  I have such pride for our country, our leaders, our citizens, and our future.


I took this photo at home as I was preparing for my trip.  The best purchase I made, pre vacation, was this coat. 

At the St George Airport on day 1!

Ready to go.  Although I did not take the red bag because I ended up taking my big suitcase. I was so glad I made this last minute decision.  I would have had to ship my souvenirs home.

My boarding passes

The New York City skyline

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Looks like you did everything in one weekend that it took us a year to do! lol