A year ago, when we bought our Suburban, I thought I had the best husband in the world. He gave up his life long dream of owning a Dodge Ram truck. Well, a few weeks ago, we decided that if we were to become a camping family we would need to have a vehicle that would pull our trailer. This was after a quick campout to Kolob and we had to pull over three times because our suburban transmission was over heated. 
We looked all over the state for a decent deal on a used truck. My main concern was a good trade in on our suburban and that we got a truck with low miles. NOTHING was found in the area. Steve and I made the 13hr road Kellogg, Idaho to purchase a used truck from Dave Smith Auto. Through the whole state of Utah we were rained on. Yeah for rain!
Through the last part of our trip we were rained on. Not with water but with bugs! So nasty.
I fell in love with this little northern Idaho town. It was just so cute and quaint. I could move there.We were able to ride the United States longest gondola up to the ski resort Silver Mountain. 20 minute gondola ride. Beautiful! I am a romantic at heart and gondolas's, ski resorts, hotel rooms (without children), and fancy dinners were all we needed to reconnect ;)
When all was said and done we drove home with this 2012 Dodge Ram. Steve is happy. I miss the suburban. I enjoy being a passenger in this truck. I am getting used to driving a stick shift again. Soon, I will be the primary driver in it and that makes my 15 yr old and my 12 yr old boys very happy. They think I am a cool mom when I pick them up from football practice in the Dodge.
On our way home we took it slow and easy. On our way up we drove 13 hours STRAIGHT!!! We stopped in Idaho Falls to have breakfast (show off the truck) with Nathan and Alysia Thiriot.
We took a quick little tour of the LDS Idaho Falls temple grounds. It was also a beautiful town. Not as small and quaint as Kellogg but beautiful just the same.
We ended up driving 1800 miles within 72 hours. It was well worth the incredible deal we got at Dave Smith Motors. Most importantly were were able spend time together, actually talk about goals we have for our family, laugh, and rekindle a romance. ( All the while, I was secretly planning all the ways Steve could pay me back for being the best wife in the whole world)
5 comments:
I agree you are a great wife to let him get that truck! Great way to rekindle a romance...or just get Katy Perry hair ;)
p.s. No...you may not move to Idaho! :)
What a fun trip and I love the truck!!!
We had a great time with you guys! Great truck!
standard transmission? i didnt think they still made em. so much more fun and sporty....you are the bestest of wifes and sure that steve knows it.
What?! You were in Idaho Falls and did not tell me? That's only 45 minutes from me. Wait, tell me you did not drive through Pocatello.
Post a Comment