We have always wanted to attend the Manti Pageant. This year it work out great because we have our new camp trailer (more on that later). I have often requested a trip up to Manti. Steve always says, "Its too far." I thought about mentioning it again this year but I never got around to it. Until one day Steve says, "We need to go to the Mormon Miracle Pageant." I guess it takes 18 years to put the bug in his ear for him to actually follow through.
Isn't this a beautiful building? We were noticing that most LDS temples have a block wall around them. This one did not. It sat majestically on a hillside and beckons all to come on the grounds.
We set up camp at the Palisades State Park then headed to the temple grounds. We had heard that it was best to find a place to sit, lay the blankets out, then enjoy the sights in Manti. We did just that!
 |
| Austin enjoying Bubble Gum Ice Cream. |
 |
| The boys played football for awhile. |
 |
| Nate and I went for a walk around the temple grounds and took some photographs. |
 |
| Finally, the sun began to set and we took our spots to enjoy the play. |
 |
Grandpa Clark and Grandma Laurel joined us for the fun.
|
The pageant was FANTASTIC. The boys and I learned so much through watching a live rendition of the story of Joseph Smith, the early prophets in the Book of Mormon, the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and the settling of the town of Manti. So much history!!
We got back to our camp late that night and decided that sleeping in was totally called for. I LOVE sleeping in while camping. There is just something about it that makes sleeping so peaceful.
 |
| That is Nate's leg and foot. Somehow he turned totally around during the night and was facing the wrong way when he woke up. |
 |
| One of my favorite things about our new trailer is that I have sheets and blankets on the beds. I do not like to sleep in a sleeping bag. Our trailer has just a few of these simple comforts of home. |
The boys spent the morning trying to catch fish with a bucket and skipping rocks. The palisades park was a beautiful place to stay and we will def. do it again.
On our drive home we got detoured through a small Southern Utah town due to a HUGE fire. The detour took us an extra hour to get home but thankfully we were able to get through before the whole area was shut down. Unfortunately, a few homes were lost to the uncontrollable fire. The area has be so dry and fires start to rage because of one simple spark.
I would love to make this overnight-er a yearly tradition. Who would like to join us next year?
1 comment:
i have always wanted to see this pageant and the one in palmyra. so needless to say give a call when the planning begins... btw is this the temple where addie was sealed?
Post a Comment