| Jenny, Me, Darin and Charity! We decided to take Darin along only because he was willing to get wet and collect bugs! |
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Field Trip?
I am currently working on my Technology Endorsement. Well, I have been working on it for the past NINE months. Every Wednesday for the past school year I have buddied up this Jenny and Charity to work on this endeavor. I seriously would not have done it without them. This past week we were in class from 8-5. Who says that teachers take the summers off??? Anyway, part of our class was to mark GPS coordinates along the Santa Clara River. We did lots of other thing with the info but I'm confident I could not even begin to explain to you what we did and how we did it! It was a fun day--much needed reprieve from sitting in a FREEZING cold room in front of a computer.
At lunch time we stopped at the Gunlock Res. We hiked a bit and arrived at these beautiful red cliffs! I'm telling you, I was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time! It was like I was in a different part of the world. I'm told that the water usually does not flow this high or this swift but due to the high snow pack the run off is high.
If you look real close you can see a kid getting ready to jump off the cliff. We think it was at least 50 feet high. I was sick to my stomach each time I saw someone jumping. Luckily everyone who jumped eventually surfaced! It was kinda funny, and totally telling of my old age, but I even asked a group if teenagers that were jumping, "if there mothers knew that they were there and if they knew that they were doing this?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I didn't know you could go cliff jumping in Gunlock! Now I want to go there! So glad you had a fun day. Looks like a blast!
Wow! That looks amazing. I didn't get the chance to tell you today but I LOVED your dress! It was so cute!
I bet that was a fun day compared to classroom work, I guess that's why kids need recess. :) Looks like you guys had fun.
Post a Comment