Sunday, September 21, 2008
Weekend News
Every Monday, during writing time, the kids in my class write in their Weekend News Journals. Sometimes they have lots to write about and other times they cant think of anything! I always tell them that if they cant remember what they did over the weekend that I want them to write about what they wish they did! That usually does the trick and the kids get writing. Except for one of my wonderful students--She told her mom that they needed to start doing stuff over the weekends because she hated lying about what she did over the weekend. I had a fun weekend planned. My mom, Grandma and Aunts came up on Friday. They ordered my Grandpa's headstone. Then they came to Hurricane to have lunch. Austin, Luke and I met them there for a quick visit. Grandma and the Aunties went home and my mom and I were planning a fun weekend of beauty treatments and shopping. Until a tragedy occurred. My moms good friend, Dianne and her husband were killed in a plane accident. My mom got the horrible phone call just minutes into the beginning of our weekend. I could tell in her voice that something terrible had happened. So, being the compassionate woman she is, my mom hopped into her car and drove back to Vegas. Instead of going home, she went directly to her work and gave love and support to all of her co-workers. My mom never ceases to amaze me. She is so compassionate and tender. She is always thinking about how to help others rather than thinking about herself. She spent the rest of the weekend going back and forth to her work so that she could be their to comfort others. I cant imagine how painful it would be to loose a good friend and co worker to a tragic accident. I only know that I would have locked myself in my room and slept the pain away. But, not my mom! She dealt with it head on and assisted others. I love you mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks I love you More
She is a good mom! You would do the same as her, you are just as tough! Hope you had a good weekend anyway!
Post a Comment