CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 1, 2013

Forward

I had these pictures uploaded a few weeks ago.  I have never gotten around to adding narration to them.I just decided to post the pictures now and I will add the narration later.
apparently it is against Metro rules to take photos.  I got "schooled" by a fellow commuter
Luckily I had Teresa and Stephanie to map out our Metro rides every day.  Im fairly sure  I would have spent the day on the Metro if they wouldnt have been there.

This was my FIRST view of the Capitol.  I can not describe the pride I felt being in our Nations capitol.  I honestly believe a vacation to the Capitol should be at the top of each an every American Citizens list.

We picked up our tickets from The Hart Senate Building.  

Because of Teresa I was able to witness History and have the time of my life!



By far, my favorite museum was the Newseum.  Being a news junky I could have spent DAYS in this building.



The first exhibit we saw was the Pulitzer  Prize winning photographs.  Let me tell you now that I was moved to tears more than once.  

This is a section of the Berlin Wall

Yes, I get my news from SNL's Weekend Update!  


These are newspaper headlines from the morning after 9/11 .  Headlines from all over the world.  It was comforting to me to realize that the nations from the world were in just as much shock that morning.

Radio tower from World Trade Center Tower 2.  

Teresa and I were able to be news reporters for a few minutes.  My report was on  the prospects of a new supreme court justice.  At the end of the report they give you the option to purchase an online version of your report.  BUT, the server was down that day and we didnt get it. Sad.



Yep, that is really Bill Clinton!  The 4D theatre was closed for a special event because BILL CLINTON was in the house.  At first we were so bummed because we missed seeing him.  As were were browsing the gift shop we noticed a group of patrons looking out a window.  Of course, I asked what was going on and low and behold Clinton was doing an event in the room across from the gift shop.  We waited for a few minutes and soon we saw secret service men walking out.  Then, President Bill Clinton walked past.  He even waved at us.  


News miss prints.  SOOOO FUNNY to read while in the bathroom.






Stayed tuned for days 2,3, and 4.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

YAY! I can't wait to see and read it all!