Steve had to work on Christmas Eve, in Springdale. Then he had to work on Christmas Day, in Hurricane. We went back and forth for a few weeks trying to decide when we would celebrate Christmas. We could have opened presents during the two hours he would have been home between shifts. Then again, we could celebrate a day early. Steve and I decided, without the kids knowing, that we would open presents on the morning of the 24th. Seriously, it was the BEST idea ever. The kids had no idea and went to bed at a decent time. I didnt have to worry about them sneaking out to catch Santa in the act. I told them they needed to go to bed early because we were going to have a family fun day. I woke them up early and Luke was the first to complain that it was still dark outside and he was not getting up. Nate was obedient and got right out of bed. He was the first to realize that Christmas had indeed come early.
We had our traditional Christmas Morning Breakfast and spent the day enjoying each others company. Throughout the day we had many visitors. It was a fabulous family fun day until.........
Luke fell on his Christmas survival knife and ended up with stitches in his leg.
1 comment:
Such a smart idea! I'm so glad it worked out. Hmmm, now how do you pull it off next year, haha. I love the part "it was a great day, until..." Darn survival knives, haha.
Post a Comment