On my, I can not believe my last post was so long ago. Life since has been CrAzY busy. This post is heavy on pictures and light on words. In spite of this.....take a peek into our lives as of late.
Tyler celebrated his 16th birthday!!! He has not gotten his learners permit. Therefore he is not driving. Nor has he gone on his first date. All of which I love to taunt him with. When he is home on a Saturday night and his friends are all out and about I often say to him, "Tyler, I would love to be the driver on your date with _____." We wanted him to earn his Boy Scout Eagle and we thought by telling him he couldn't drive until he did he would be motivated to get to work on it. This has back fired on us, especially me, and we are the ones being punished.
Nine days before school started I had an emergency appendectomy. Not the way I had planned spending my last few days of summer vacation. But, now all is well.
This is JUST the bill from the Hospital. Mind you, I was in there for less than 24 hours. Good thing for double coverage on our insurance. The first day of school went off without a hitch. I am teaching 2nd grade again this year. I have THE best class in the world.
We celebrated my Grandma Brown's birthday with two shows at the Utah Shakespearean Festival. My cousin Melinda played Fantine in Les Mis. Her husband played Inspector Javert. Fun times had by all. Austin even joined us this year.
| Little brother dreams of playing football as a HURRICANE TIGER. |
I have become the ULTIMATE sports mom. I seriously spend 8-10 hours per week at games or practices. I am settling into this stage of life.
Austin is playing 7th grade football for the city of Hurricane. This is his first year and he is really loving it. 12 year old boys are the DEATH of me but football seems to balance the hormones out a bit. He is getting more confident on the field and was getting a ton of playing time until this......
He broke his arm in a game. He is navigating his way through life with a cast to his left arm. By the way, he is left handed.
Nate has started playing soccer for the Kicks program. Lets just say, he is learning. Each and every game he gets more and more comfortable on the field. He rocked at city league soccer and I really thought he was ready for this level of competition.Some of the girls from school and I went to Las Vegas to see WICKED. The play was wonderful but the company, laughs, and shopping we a blast. It was good to get away and enjoy time with girlfriends.
We ended up with an extra ticket so my momma came along too.
We are loving our new trailer. I was telling a friend that is is like camping in a condo. We just got back from a two night mini vacation to Kolob Mountain. The fall leaves were spectacular. I could have stayed up there a few days longer but life gets in the way of blissfulness. We are trying to figure out a way to get up there once more before the road is closed off due to snow.
Ok, so I did have a lot to say. I didn't think I would want to narrate the past 6 weeks of our life.
2 comments:
What?? Tyler still doesn't have his license? ahahaha He'd better get on the ball! I love how you tease him. You are a cool mom. And poor Austin just getting into it then breaking his arm! I can't believe you're a total sports mom. Too funny.
And don't forget all the time spent just driving here and there! LOVED reading this post! You have def had some fun and not so fun (appendix, brokem arm) times lately! You guys are so fun!
Post a Comment