CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hunting Season 2012


October brings Hunting Season in Utah.  The boys look forward to the Hunt just as much as they look forward to Christmas.  This year was no different.  I was looking forward to the hunt this year because ALL the boys were old enough to go.  That meant that I would be home alone for 5 sweet days all by my self!!!!! I was free to clean without boys making messes right behind me.  I was able to throw things away before Steve intercepted it.  Pedicures and manicure were on the top of my list. But the best part of the weekend was the two days I spent with my Mom.  We do what we do best....shop.

Cute little deer are easy to spot BEFORE the Hunt begins.  As soon as opening day arrives the deer go into hiding.

Shari, Burke's girlfriend, was very brave and decided to go along with Steve and the boys.  
 Steve shot his Deer during opening weekend.  He was proud of himself ;)  I suppose that getting the first deer of the group should rightly go to the Father.  Although, I think he should have let the boys have a chance at the big one.  Steve says that it is every man for himself especially during the deer hunt.


 This past weekend I tagged along ONLY because we could take the trailer.  I enjoyed sitting with the four wheeler while the boys hiked miles to look for the big one.  The weather was perfect for a late October campout.
All in all 2 of 3 tags were filled.  Many lifelong memories were created (some of which MOM's everywhere need not be told about).  In my mind the Hunt of 2012 could not have been any better.

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

That is so awesome!

Abbie said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. Growing up, the deer hunt was huge in my family, but...I'm SO glad I don't have a hunter for a husband :) I'll take other memories, haha

Awesome pics as well!