CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Thunder Over Utah


Our friends, the Buell's, let us tag along with them to enjoy the Thunder Over Utah air show.  We decided not to attempt actually going into the airport for the show but we found a grassy spot in the Washington Fields to enjoy the show.  We were quite a distance from the air strip but the main attraction was the Blue Angels and from our vantage point we were able to see most of their show.  It was seriously spectacular.  


After a week of 70 degree weather we were kinda disappointed in the quick drop in temperature along with a cool breeze.  We cuddled up with our blankets but we wished we were drinking hot chocolate the whole time.





At one point, one of the planes flew right over us and it made my whole body shake.  I could feel the power and force behind these planes all throughout my body. 
It was another kicked back, relaxing, spring break day.  We didn't have to fight the crowds.  The boys were able to run around, tackle each other, and play football.  Steve and I enjoyed the company of Brandon and Abbie. I'm not gonna lie.  I wish we were a bit closer.  But, all in all it was a fabulous way to close our spring vacation.

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

It was soooo cool!

Abbie said...

What are you talking about...I'm glad you let us tag along with you guys! We SO enjoyed your company for the day! It was fun! I agree, being closer would have been a bit better...maybe next year,