CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break '12

The days that lead up to Spring Break were painful.  Literally.  The weekend before, true to pattern, I probably had a Kidney Stone.  I'm for sure that it was an infection but none the less it hurt!  I say true to pattern because I have had a stone each and every March for the past 4 years.  It is crappy.  But, that week before was mentally it was challenging for me also.  I was grumpier than ever.  It seemed like those around me were also on edge too.  My boys were constantly fighting with each other and with me.  My students at school were already on vacation.  The parents of those students did not want to be told that their child is having behavior problems and assumed it must be me picking on their children.  My student teacher asked a MILLION questions.  She is seriously the BEST student teacher I have ever had but I really just wanted to go on vacation.  I was on edge with my Secretary and my Principal had to bring me a Dt. Coke to save me from going over the edge.  Steve was having fire department vs. city of Hurricane issues.  The list could go on and on.  All in all I was READY for a vacation!!!  I wanted to say many inappropriate words.

Oh ya, it was Dr. Seuss week at school.  Another cause of my orneriness.  The kids were CRAZY.  How could they not be when they had hair that looked like this...

or they were in their pajamas. I found this quote on Pinterest and it put everything in perspective.

Spring Break was FABULOUS!!!  Seriously, I have had the best week.  We didn't have to much scheduled and took each day as it came.  We cleaned house, did some yard work (not me), enjoyed the 74 degree weather, stayed up late, slept in late, attended the temple, watched movies, took walks, napped, went out for dinner a few too many times, hair cuts for me and all the boys, shopped (a lot), read two books, talked to Burke, had a pedicure and had my fingernails put back on, took a hike to the Dinosaur Tracks, watched the Air Show, and last but not least, celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.
18 Years?  I can hardly believe it.  I love the life that we have created together.  I love US.

No comments: