CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Some of my thoughts....


  • I'm watching the Golden Globe Award show--Madonna is incredibly beautiful.  George Clooney is GEORGE CLOONEY!
  • An acquaintance of mine recently passed away.   She was a bit younger than me.  It is hard to imagine her young girls living life without their mom.  Girls need their Mothers.  
  • I really want to see the movie "War Horse"  
  • Tomorrow is MLK day.  I cant even begin to tell you how wonderful it is knowing that I do not have to teach school tomorrow.  If you need something to do tomorrow you should watch "The Help"  it will be a great way to honor all the Dr. King worked so hard for.
  • Steve had to work today.  Today, I went to church.  It was the first time I have ever gone to church when Steve was at work. This means that the boys and I went to church without Steve.  I'm pretty proud of us.
  • Teresa introduced me to the game Bananagrams.  I bought it yesterday. 
  • Soon I will have a Student Teacher.  That is kinda a lot of pressure.  But really it is an honor to know my principal has enough faith in me to place a student teacher in my classroom.  She is 22 years old!!!  That is just about half my age.  I feel old.  I hope she remembers this experience just a fondly as I remember my own Student Teaching Experience.
  • Everyone should read the book, "A long Walk to Water." It is based on a true story about the boys of Sudan.  
  • Any one want to start an on line book club?  Like a blog that you can post good books you have read.  I will do all the blog stuff and you can just post????
  • It is going to be a LONG year in politics.  
  • As for politics---Remember that change is not a spectator sport.
  • While we were in Zion I couldn't help but think how much my boys would have loved it as much as I did.  We watched 7 deer for about 45 minutes.  It was one of those moments in life that I wish I could bottle up and share with the boys.  I probably shouldn't admit this but I didn't miss the boys much--until that moment.   
  • I know that I am addicted to my I-Phone.  I probably need an intervention.  I even thought about turning it off tomorrow.  I'm not ready for that though.
  • Did you see Octavia Spencer's (The Help actress) gorgeous  lavender dress?  

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Ok, so...I'm LOVING this post of yours. Just random thoughts. If I tried to do this it would either be blank, or just a bunch of stuff that wouldn't make any sense, haha.
BTW- SO glad you decided to come to church. I NEED you every week I've decided. (If you decide not to come, well, I think I'll be ok, but it's so much better with you there) :)

lynne said...

you post such profound things. I love this list....and yes im very proud of you for taking you and the boys to church :} im like abbie. I have lots of thoughts but to wright them down it wouldnt make any sense to anyone but me...lol. love ya girl and im glad you and steve got away for a few hours..

Addie Joyce said...

Bananagrams is my FAVORITE!!! I can't wait to play with you. I'm a little sad it wasn't me that introduced it to you...I love the book blog idea. I've read lots of books lately, but now that I think of it they were all yours so I wouldn't be that great of a contributing member.

Muriel said...

I'm in for the book blog and I think I loved Octavia Spencer's surprise and speech almost as much as I loved her dress. She made me cry.