CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Faithful

My friend, Lisa, at Over the Big Moon (check out the link on the right, had this fabulous idea about having a family theme or scripture for the year.  Last night, was Family Home Evening and we talked about what our New Years Resolutions were.  I mentioned to the Steve and the kids that I thought we should pick a scripture/theme that we could use as our family goal.  Steve immediately recommended the above scripture from The Book of Mormon.  We all opened our scriptures to Alma 44:4 and read it together.  It just seemed to make complete sense to me to use it as our family theme.  Today, after Lisa had posted her theme on her personal blog, I was motivated to get ours typed up and looking cute so I could post it somewhere in our home.  I'm hoping that we can refer back to it often and use it in our everyday lives.

I was thinking I'd type my New Years resolutions here on my blog, but again, I'm having some "what is my role as an mommy" issues and I do not want to talk about it yet. Mainly, I just cant quite articulate what I am feeling.  So, I'll tell you Austin's personal resolution---"Get a girlfriend."

p.s.  If you spot any typo's in the theme page, please let me know before I print a million copies.
p.s.s  Thanks Kristi!   And, please remember that I did not ask for everyone to proofread my post just my theme page. I type like I talk...run-on sentences and all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute idea! I love it. Since you asked, and I'm crazy about typos and appreciate it when people point them out to me, there is only 1 that I noticed. (I'm a nerd and looked up the reference.) You are missing a comma after the word faith:

"...and unto our faith, and our religion; and never..."

That's a lot of commas! Looks super cute!

Lisa Henderson said...

Love it! That is a great scripture and theme!

The last part made me laugh a little. I'm the same way when I type but with over the big moon its kind of irritating. Pam keeps adding commas all over my posts and people have corrected my grammar a bunch of times. Seriously folks - just let a woman type!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It's not my fault though... my mother raised us very aware of our grammar. She is a grammatical queen!!

Love the theme of choice! Love the scripture! Love the printable you made!

Abbie said...

I'm loving the scripture and the theme (way cute printable too)!

lynne said...

Love the scripture, the whole idea really. Sorry. like you i just type. Oh Darn!