CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reality Check

I have a few things on my mind---Last night at our area trunk or treat I visited with two wonderfully brave and inspirational ladies. One of whom is a great friend, Jill Ehorn Foy. Jill has been a great friend to our family for the past 8 or so years. My kids often refer to her as, "Mom's Jill" I love this lady so much as do many others. She was diagnosed with lung cancer this past spring. Though all of the treatments and news that went from bad to worse she has always held herself together. I'm sure in quiet moments she has had her melt downs but last night she was the epitome of happiness. Jill walked around to each and every car and gave out many smiles but even more hugs.

A few minutes later I visited with a gal that used to be in my ward, Mylinda. Mylinda is a few years younger than I am and has four beautiful girls. Last fourth of July she had a stroke. The result being that she lost function in one side of her body. There she was in a wheel chair moving herself along with the girls as they did their trick or treating. Each and everytime I looked over at her she was laughing.

Life is precious! Friends and Family, even more so. Life can change in an instant. A few months ago I risked loosing my youngest. I dont know how I could have lived without him. It was a huge reality check for me. I thought I would never loose the feeling of how I felt at the moment I got the call from Tyler saying Nate had been hurt. But just two short months later I am caught up in the day to day things of being a good wife and mother, a good LDS member, a super teacher.......I had forgotten. I let myself forget.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't think you will ever really forget, things will happen and words will be said that will remind you and the feelings come back. I cried just yesterday as feelings from Will's accident were brought back and it has been over 2years. And yes life is precious.