CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Steve's E-Mail to his brother about Nate's accident


We were delivering the local newspaper and tyler and nate were in the back of the truck throwing papers. Next thing I knew nate fell out on the drivers side right on his head. I ran over and he was unconscious. He wasn't moving at all. He had a large 3-4 inch cut on his head that looked like he got scalped. You could see his skull. He had lots of scrapes everywhere also. So he was knocked out for about 30 seconds and then started crying--which was good cause then I knew he was still alive. I thought he was dead cause he wasn't breathing or anything. The ambulance got there and I picked him up and we went to the hospital. Tyler was freaking out and pretty shook up. He and Rachelle came down to the ER and Mckay came and we gave Nate a blessing. They then scanned his head and took about 10 X-rays. They all came back negative. No broken bones and no bleeding in his brain. He had to get knocked out to suture the skin back on his head and he had a cut on his lip that needed stitches. We stayed over night at the hospital and then came home yesterday about 2 pm. He had a pretty rough night last night but today he has been running around and playing. He keeps saying he wants to go to Walmart. So there must have been angels cushioning his fall because he should have been dead or at least had several broken bones and a skull fracture. Pretty lucky. So no more rides in the back of the truck.

No comments: