CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 20, 2013

My new neighbor


We were so sad when our long time, 13 years, neighbors moved away.  The kids had really grown to love Dave and Gwen.  They were like second grandparents to them.  We all got a bit teary when they pulled out of the driveway with their moving van. 

However, the sadness quickly went away when my mom bought the house!  


This is what the house looked like before all of our renovations.
There was wallpaper in EVERY room.  See the pain on my face?  It was horrible.

Luke was excited to paint.  That excitement lasted about 2 minutes.

Uncle Jeff is a painter by trade.  He is also an instructor for the painters union.  Here he is giving directions.  At this point we were all laughing and making jokes.  Not so much later on in the day. 

Aunt Peggy was a good little sister and helped out with all of the dirty work.


We even got Grandma in on the action!

After a LONG day of painting back massages were in order.

The new paint color is a light tan color.  Much better!

Uh mom, I caught you taking a break.

Beadboard in the entry way.  I love the look of beadboard.

New flooring through out the whole house.  

Add caption

New cabinets and counter tops

The tile backsplash is my favorite.

Moving in!

3 comments:

Addie Joyce said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Wish I was there that weekend. It would've been hard work but so worth it to spend the day with you all. I love the one of you catching your mama on a break :)

France's said...

I'm so happy she is finally taking steps toward retirement! 💖 She deserves it.

Francesca said...

I'm so glad she is taking big steps towards retirement. I know she will be happy there.��