CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Yes We Can!!!


"Obama's message of hope is not just for America's Future, it is also a message of hope for the world as well."

My good friend, Teresa, requested tickets to the Inauguration. She wrote a letter to each and every one of the legislators in the state. Sometime in December she got an email from Sen. Bennett. She was invited to attend the Inauguration of Barack Obama. She had to call and confirm with them that she accepted the invitation. In fact, she called a few times to confirm her confirmation. Who really get to go to the Inauguration? Today she called me from the steps of the capitol building letting me know that not only did she pick up her tickets from Sen. Bennetts office but that she had a SEAT for the ceremony. How awesome is that??? She is in section 15 (if you click on the map you will see how awesome it really is). Even if you are a conservative republican--you have to admit that this is a chance of a life time! Steve even thinks it is! She bought me a sweatshirt and today she text me and wanted to know if she could wear it to the inaguration. My sweatshirt will have been worn at the actual inaguration!!!!
"We are not members of RED states or BLUE states. We are members of the UNITED States!"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Amen Sister! I just showed the inoguration to my class and about 2 of them listened! I kepted getting choked up the whole time! I was also thinking about Teresa, wondering if she was there! Glad she wore your sweater shirt! We'll have to get together and scrapbook then I can show you some of the blogging tricks I've learned!! Are we still on for breakfast Sat.?

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Wow, how amazing to actually be there! I'm sure it is an experience she will never forget.

And if you go private, I would love an invite! I've contempated doing that too, but still haven't decided.