CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

One winter night, in Hurricane, the snow fell lightly on the ground. The Christian family were all snuggly and warm next to their wood burning stove. They decided to spend the blustry evening watching "The Dark Knight."

The Mom decided to go outside and take pictures of the snow. You see that snow in Hurricane is a rare treat. Especially at Christmas time! The youngest three boys followed her out and were amazed with the snow. They stuck out their tounges and tried to catch some snow flakes. The boys were anxiously waiting for the snow to stick to the ground so that they could make a snow man.

Well, the mother of the family decided that it was much to cold to be outside and decided to go inside to warm up. The boys still wanted to play outside so they came in and got their warm clothes on and headed out back to jump in the tramp in the snow! They continued to run back and forth from the front yard to the back yard. Somewhere along the way in all of their excitment they came across their BB Gun. All of the sudden...Crack! Crack! Crackle! One of the boys came in crying and another one of the boys ran and hid in his room. The other crying child proceded to tell the calm and patient father that one of his brothers had just shot the screen door window with the BB Gun.

"What were you thinking?" Why were you shooting the BB Gun?"
"I didnt mean too!" (sob, sniffle, s0b")

"I guess that Santa wont be bringing you any presents this year!"
"I am sorry Dad! I didnt meen to shoot the window. I was trying to shoot SNOWFLAKES!"

Well, after an hour or so of sweeping up shattered glass mixed with snowflakes and a few BB's the mother and father of the Christian family sent the boys to bed. They were trying so hard to remain calm and patient. All the while they were both laughing in their heads...REALLY? Who tries to shoot a snowflake? The least you could have done was point the gun away from the house."

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go Christian boys!!! Thanks for tending Kallie! I'm just thankful you didn't shoot her!

Anonymous said...

well guess i don't need to worry about tools anymore.....i love those boys
auntie peg

Anonymous said...

Oh to have 4 boys! Does this mean that Santa won't be leaving bullits in your stockings?!

Unknown said...

I love it! You should sell the movie rights.

MaryCuth said...

HOLY COW!!! Your family does the stuff that movies are made from!! Who bought them the Red Ryder BB Gun? Santa?! Cute post Rachelle!

Lisa said...

That is too funny! Our nieghbor boy was running around with his BB gun pointing it at my own kids so his mother got a call from the tattle tale mother I am... Snowflakes and screen windows is at least better than the neighbor kids...:)

Anonymous said...

I loved the Christmas story and I love my boys..Grandma VerDon

Becky Seymour said...

Holy HILARIOUS! Was is really Austin? I can't imagine him doing anything wrong, he is sooo good at school. There is always an adventure at your house!

Hirschisquirts said...

Ahh...I love boys (hence, why we do not have a BB gun for them yet - even though my hubby really wants one)