The Washington County School District canceled school today on account of the 2-3 inches of snow that we received last night! I can not even begin to explain to you how wonderful it felt to get the call from Marvene saying that school was canceled! This has been the longest, coldest, wettest week and the kids are so excited for Christmas that they can barley contain themselves let alone sit in a classroom all day! So we slept in until 9a.m. and watched the snow lightly fall all day. It slowly turned to rain and most of the snow has melted in the valley but more is not the way!
The kids had so much fun playing in the snow. They had a huge snowball fight and there were only a few tears!
Then they decided that it would be fun to make a snow man. So here is a picture of our redneck snowman. You night not be able to tell but the arms are made of tent poles and the hat is a tin can. The snow was so wet and heavy that they could barely lift the parts for the head and body. Plus there is tons of grass, dirt and rocks in it. O'Well they had fun. Even Jersey got in on the action. She was even excited cause she got to sleep inside.
2 comments:
Okay, so I feel like an idiot. Remember how I told you that you hadn't updated your blog in awhile? Well, I finally realized that I had saved your blog in my links on the page where the comments were for the one post. So, of course it never changed and it was quite funny, ha ha...anyway, love the new ones and I will keep on stalking!
I loved the day too! I also like the new look of your blog!
Post a Comment