
14 years and still going strong........Somedays it feels like just yesterday that we were kneeling across the alter at the Las Vegas Temple. Other times it feels like we have been married forever! 14 years and 5 boys later...I wonder what the next 14 years will be like?
Steve and I meet during my freshman year and his sophomore year at SUU. He was in love with my roommate and good friend, Stacy. I thought he was a big Jerk! But because Stacy would always ditch him and leave me to entertain him started to realize what a great guy he really was! We officially started dating at the beginning of my sophomore year and his junior year at SUU. We were engaged on November 1st. We had gone to Vegas, one weekend, for Steve to meet my family and that weekend he bought the engagement ring. I knew he had it and I was just waiting for him to officially ask me. I kept on bugging him and I always wanted to just look at the ring...He got so sick of me bothering him that one night in his apartment he asked me to marry him. We were married 5 mths later.
Just some fun facts about us:
Steve and I have lived in 7 different houses/apts. but we have lived in our Hurricane home for 11 years.
He sleeps on the Left side of the bed. Me on the Right.
He does ALL of the outside work. I do most of the inside work but he helps! Now we have 5 boys to do it.
He lets me think that I wear the pants in the family.....but when it really comes down to it....he does!
He will eat anything that I cook...good thing!
Steve is working on this third career change! When he grows up he wants to be a paramedic.
I have taught school for 11 years and I have dreams of going to Law School when I grow up!
(I really want to be a Judge)
I do most of the disciplining.
We have been on two real vacations....Without the kids....One on our Honeymoon to Disneyland and the other to Chicago. Maybe when the kids grow up.....
He said that "I love you" first but I kissed him first.
I love you, Steve!
3 comments:
Ah! That is sooo sweet! Happy Anniversary! All the happiness in the world to you guys. Man, if you made it fourteen years, I am sure you can make it another fourteen, and another, and another! Somedays I can't believe I made it 4......so GOOD JOB!!!
Oh, I so fondly remember the SUU days. We all had so much fun. Remember the old Impala Steve had? (was it Steve's?) I remember coming down off of Cedar Mountain in it once. I think we had been sledding. Makes me want to go through old photos and reminisce. Happy Anniversary you two!
Happy Aniversary! I remember the fisrt time we meet steve, Knew he was a great guy when he didnt fall apart at meeting Grandma and your Auntie's. The true test of a strong man! Love you. PS can you tell im in the basement all by myself? Im lonely : }
Post a Comment