I had a little procedure a few days before Halloween. It was little enough that it was done in the Doctors office but big enough to put me in bed for a few days. I thought I could make it. I even bought a cute new costume. But, Halloween morning came around and I couldn't. I didn't have the energy to be a teacher ON Halloween. My class was well taken care of by a fabulous sub, who happens to be a relative, and a super efficient Room Mom. They had the time of their lives. Nate says they had fun cause they didn't have to follow ALL of the rules. When my boys got home from school they were all keyed up to attend the "Trunk or Treat" at the LDS church and to trick or treat in the neighborhood. Steve took them. I was still in bed fighting nausea. I didnt even get up to take pictures of my boys in their costumes. Nate was a Ninja and Luke was a Zombie. I dont even think I SAW them in their costumes. I'm sad about it.
ONE WHOLE WEEK later,I am feeling like a real person and a semi productive mother, we got around to carving our ONE pumpkin. The boys, each and every one of them, were disgusted by the guts. Steve had to gut it and carve it because my boys are not good with knives...remember? But, we had a beautiful family moment. Happy boys, roasting pumpkin seeds, and mom that didn't miss another tradition.
1 comment:
Funny about the knife thing, the other night, Braydon was opening some little bags using Brandon's pocket knife and sliced his thumb. First thing I thought of was you guys, haha. Brandon thought we'd have to take him in, I just said throw a band-aid on it and be done. LOL
Post a Comment