There was a time that I hated coloring eggs. that time was up until today. I always panicked about getting dye on their clothes or the kitchen table. I'm telling you that coloring Easter eggs at the campsite was the BEST ever! No mess to clean up and no need to worry about getting dirty. Perhaps things were easier because the boys are getting older and the "get" how to color eggs on their own. Or, perhaps I was VERY concerned because shortly before, THIS happened....
Tyler and Grandpa Clark were making whistles out of willow tree branches....Steve had just sharped the pocket knife...Tyler was carving his name in his branch....Luke bumped into him....Tyler slices the whole side of his ring finger, including some of his fingernail.....
We spent much of the afternoon trying to get Tyler's finger to stop bleeding. It seemed that no matter what we did it just kept bleeding and bleeding. I fussed and fussed over him and he got more and more upset with me because my worrying made him feel like a "pansy" (his words). I finally convinced Steve that it really needed to be looked at and we made a trip to the ER. Of course, by the time he had a Priesthood blessing and we pulled up to the ER, the bleeding had stopped. Do things like this happen to you???? The instant you show up to the DR your kid feels better or the bleeding stops? Anyway, after the DR cleaning it up really good (LOTS of TEARS) and a cool bandage, he is on the mend.
Grandpa Clark spent some of the picnic time giving his wise words of advice to Burkeley. Burkeley graduated from high school in a few weeks and he is not quite sure what he wants to do with the rest of his life...really he doesnt know what he wants to do TOMORROW. But anyway, I heard Clark say, "Make a plan...choose now to go on a mission....plan for success" I only got bits and pieces of the conversation but I sure hope Burke takes some of his advice to heart. We love Burke and we are proud of him for graduating from High School. Now we want to see him continue to make decisions that will help him lead a happy and productive life.
2 comments:
What a great idea to color eggs while camping, although I would just rather do it at home (or not at all) since I don't like camping. Even with the tragedy of slicing a finger, lookes like you had fun!
Looks like a BEAUTIFUL weekend. We wish we could have enjoyed the family with all of you!
Post a Comment