CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Conversation with a 6 year old....

Nate: "Mom, guess what!!, Mr. Jolley (our principal) is taking us to Haiti!!! We are taking food and clothes and coloring books to the kids that DIED in the earthquake."

Me: "No, you will bring stuff to school to that Mr. Jolley can give it to a guy that is taking that stuff to Haiti. Mr. Jolley is NOT GOING."

Nate: "My teacher said."

a few minutes later...

Nate: "Guess what, It is our 100th day of school. We get to wear our socks and underwear to the party."

Me: "Nate!!!! No, you will be taking socks and underwear to school so that we can send it to Haiti for the children that LIVED through the earthquake."

Nate: "Mom.....My teacher said!!!!!!"


Also, we have talked quite a bit about how wonderful it would be to adopt a little baby/toddler girl from Haiti. Tyler says that it would be ok but he doesnt want to be living in the house when she goes through her "changes." Austin said he and dad would me moving out. Luke says that he will NEVER change diapers. But the best, well not really the nicest, was Nate who informed me that he did not want a black baby living at our house. OK WHAT???? I know I have taught him better than that. Not to mention that he just had a lesson is school about Human Rights and Martin Luther King Jr. But I think really he was trying to get at was the fact that he IS the baby in this house and he was not having anything to do with this idea! (That's what I'm telling myself)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! I sometimes wonder what my students go home and tell their parents! AHH

Jessica said...

That is so funny! Maybe you should rethink the adoption! She may get discriminated against in your house!

Abbie said...

That's a good one. I'm the one laughing so hard right now.

Addie Joyce said...

hahaha I love Nate