
My Mother in Law made it all possible for all six of the sisters and sisters in law to attend the BYU woman's conference. It was fun to listen to different speakers. Some speakers I remember listening to at EFY about 20 yrs ago. It was kinda the same feel as EFY but we were all adults and also very excited to get a break from real life.

We stayed at the dorms on BYU campus. Now that was a quick reminder of college life. I remember all to well sharing the tiny room and even tinier bathroom. It was fun being in close quarters with the girls. We could talk and share stories. We all stayed up until about one o'clock both nights talking and giggling. I haven't done that for a long time.

The conference was jam packed with women from all over the world. It was pretty amazing! I learned a few things about myself and got some good reminders on how to be a better wife and mother. I was reminded that heavenly father appreciates the process that I go through to become a better person. He values the process! That is good because I am a work in progress.

The whole weekend was a good time for all of us to learn a bit about each other. I think we each learned that ALL of us have the same issues with our kids and spouses. We learned that we are not alone in our feelings of inadequacy during the hard times. I hope that we can all be a better support to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment