CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to Life!!!

I tried to go back to work last week.....I lasted most of the day on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but the last of the little buggers that have made my life miserable, finally decided to exit! So I stayed home on Thursday. But, on Thursday, I got a call from my principal and he informed me that my DR had sent back my medical leave papers and I was not even released to go back to work until today!!!!!!!! It took until this past Saturday and even into Sunday for me to get back to normal. I have enjoyed the last three days off of school. Steve and I went out to lunch one day, we took to the kids to the dentist, went grocery shopping and napped when I felt like it---not because my medicine forced me to. Yesterday, I cleaned my house from top to bottom. So now I am fresh and ready to go!

My mom came up and spent Easter weekend with us. We spent the weekend shopping and preparing for the easter bunny. Shopping always makes one feel better, Right? Saturday evening we colored Easter Eggs. Enjoy the pictures!




Nate liked the real eggs but insisted that he get plastic eggs from the easter bunny. Now I have halves of plastic eggs all over the place.

My student teacher has done a great job holding things together. I cant even tell you what a blessing it was to have her. I can not even imagine how I would have done sub plans throughout all of this. It is nice to be back in a routine and be here at school. I have missed the 21 first graders more that I ever thought I would!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shopping always helps one feel better. I'm glad to here your feeling better and hope this is the end Love MOM

Lisa said...

They missed you too! And are so glad to finally have you back!

Becky Seymour said...

Yes shopping always makes me feel better until I try to hide the bags from Sam when I bring them in and he catches me and freaks out....lol....i am glad you got a couple days to have fun....you totally deserved that

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Rachelle, you poor thing! I just read your last few posts and all that you have been going through. I just can't imagine, I've heard it is the most unbearable pain. I'm so glad you are now in recovery and that you've been able to enjoy the last few days of time off. And lay off the Diet Coke (as if I can talk...I'm a Coke girl myself!)!

MaryCuth said...

I hope all is well Rachelle! It sounds like you have been through it all! I'm glad your doctor didn't release you until later...a mother of all those cute boys needs to be told to relax because you are always so busy! ;-)

Less than 1 month of school left! WOO-HOO!!